Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sister Hendricks!!!

Dear Family, September 13th 1976

You can't imagine how happy I am!!! My new companion (Sister Hendricks) is a worker! WE have done more in the three days we've been together than Sister Linn and I did in an entire week. I have had so many spiritual experiences. I know now what it means to be a missionary. We work every minute of the day and don't even stop for dinner! Sunday we had 3 people bomb out on us but we didn't get discouraged, we just started knocking on doors. No one was home. Sister Hendricks said< " I feel we ought to talk to that lady." I thought she looked mean but I said okay. So I introduced ourselves, and asked if we could tell her about the church. She said sure, come in and maybe my X-husband will leave. And he did! She has four real nice daughters. WE taught her, and I felt the spirit so strongly, it was fantastic! I felt as if I could tell her anything and Heavenly Father would have prepared her for it. She was anxious to read the B of M. We'll call back on her in a couple of days. Her mane is Rachel. The whole day , each day, has been like that. It just goes to show how the Lord will bless you if you are willing to work and be obedient. Sister Hendricks has already taught me so much. Later on that night we wer teaching a science professor, the spirit was there but he will do everything to fight it. He's so logical. I told him Heavenly Father gave him a heart as well as a brain. I remembered scriptures and passages I'de never remembered seeing. It was fantastic! There's no words for how good I feel, knowing she and I can really work. WE are doing a display on J. Smith at the college this week. 11,500 students at the University of Maine at Orono. All science majors! Yuk! But I love it. WE are also using the radio stations to announce that we are in town and a member works at a t.v. station so we are getting all kinds of stuff from salt lake. We're "Expanding our influence". I have to give a talk o what I'm doing to "Expand our Influence" in President Rozsa's workshop at Zone Conference. But I feel like I've done something so I'm not scared. I know the Lord loves me cause her sent me a great companion and he answers my prayers cause he sent home Sister Linn!!! I found out that every companion she had had big problems with her. I thought it was just me. Now I don't feel so bad. Anyways Sister H and I get along Great! She's not spoiled, she's from Washington too and goes home in Nov. But at least she works. I love you all very much and hope the Lord is blessing you as he is me!

No comments: