Monday, December 12, 2011

Old Town Maine

Dear Family,
Tomorrow is my one month anniversary and my companions one year anniversary. Quite a contrast! I've had a very succesful week. WE went on a follow up referal to see some people, "the Tjadens" and all went great. They could really feel the Spirit and so could I. They came to Church yesterday and the ward was really good about friendshipping them. Our lesson was on temples. The were impressed. We are giving them a FHE tonight. I'l let you know hgow they come. The Sleeping Beauty ( An old man who fell asleep after we asked him to say the closing prayer. We waited and waited for him to speak. We thought he was emotional after our spiritually amazing lesson. Finally we cleared our throats and asked if he was okay, which woke him up. It seriously had been 10-15 minutes of waiting and not knowing what to do.) is no longer on our investigator list. He's 66 years and his wife died in January. He is dating a methodist. She's the secretary for the church. He thinks it's more important to be in the same religion as your wife than to be in the true church. He doesn't like the least bit of contention. Oh well! WE went to the University of Maine Weds. and Thurs. and had a display on "Christ in America". We taught 22 discussions. Alot were interested and alot felt they couldn't possibly accept a Christ on an intellectual basis. It's interesting to watch the different groups of professors puffing on thier pipes, discussing what looks to be life and death subjuects, and yet they walk by the displays and grin or snicker. The will sure be shocked at the last day! Tell Brother Barlow that I met a girl in the mission home who knew his son inBrazil. She said he was one of the very best missionaries in that mission. He'll like that. Send me the Parkers address. And PLEASE send me my seminary Bible, A marvelous Work and a Wonder can wait. No time. You haven't told me what your gob in the church is dad. Do you have one? How are things working out for Steve and Cheryl? Are they all there yet? What was wrong with the truck? I sure hope ;you are all happy. How's my little kids, Chris, Stacy, Kari? Kent and Lisa had better write and twll me all ab out thier vacation. Jamie how did you and Shauna like Utah? Prety homsick? How did you get off work? Are you two still workign at the Pippin? Everyone up here is running around getting their years supply in. They are allscared because of thelast conference talk about food storage. Ou may have tosend me food next April. Ha!
Is Mark going on a mission now? I hope those tow boys can handle it. It's not easy by any means. What a responsibility! I have headaches all the time from studying and worying too much. Well mama sitta, you-taka- good-care-a-my-familia! I love youall very much and she a few tears not and then.
P.S. The churches around the town close for the summer. Sister Briggs and I are going to move in as Mormon Missionaries!
Love, Suzie

1 comment:

annieq84 said...

Ha I love that about the guy who fell asleep. Total missionary experience. I'm so glad you're doing this. It's so interesting!