Thursday, December 8, 2011

My first letter from Old Town, Maine

Dear Family,
Well, here I am in Old Town, Maine! I've just memorized the Joseph Smith Story. People say I am doing really well, but I don't feel like it. I wish I had everything memorized already, then I could just go out and do the work. If you could see it up here mom, you would just flip. It's just beautiful everywhere you go. The plane ride wasn't so great. Boston was great. So exciting! Friday I wnt to a guge park in the middleof Boston called, "The Boston Common". They used to hang people there. WE set up a display on "Christ In America". It's called street boarding. I taught about 10 discussions. I was really neat. On the subway we had to sell our Book of Mormon and get rid of 3 pamphlets in a matter of 10 minutes. I didn't sell my book, but I got rid of my pamphlets. Saturday I rode the bus for 7 hours. I didn't even throw up. WE went through Massachussets, New Hampshire, and most of Maine. It was so beautiful and the coast was just so charming. Old colonial towns and over. The ward I'm in is very small but pretty good mormons. I don't like having to talk and smile at everyone. I'll learn I guess. My companion is Sister Briggs. She's very nice, very quiet. This is the first time she has been a senior companion. She doesn't know how to train very well. We haven't gone out tracting or anything. Just visiting families. I dont like to sit for hurs visiting people I don't know. Things will be different when I'm a senior. WE talked over some ideas for a FHE display and she thought that might be great.
How is everyone? Tom, you wouldn't believe how much work this is mentally. Your'e so lucky to have that program for missionaries. It will help you so much! Lisa, do you miss me terribly? Porr little thing!!! Ha! There's a real cute little boy in this ward who would like to marry you. Ha!Ha! How's fishing Kent? Do you still like that little girsl across the street? Are you saving your money J & S? The bank may be calling mom or dad. I have to have 175.00 a month so I wrote them. It's very expensive. I have to pay 25.00 a month for the car, 25.00 a month for gas, 75.00 a month for rent,plus phone, pamphlets, BofM, etc. I told them I didn't want a car but they don't seeem to understand. I've lost over 5 lbs. so far and hope to stick with it. Well, be sure and write soon. ALL of you!!
Please send me my Bible, and Marvelous Work and a Wonder.
See you all in a year and a half!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep posting them! I love to read your old missionary letters. How special.