Monday, December 12, 2011

old town maine

Dear Family,
It's been two weeks out in the field and I don't have any mail yet. Let's get movin'! Each day I go through a period of ups and downs. We went to a family's house and they want to hear the discussions, also a little old man who just lost his wife wants to hear them also. With faith and hard work I pray we will baptize them both. The one ward up here is small, noisy, and generally not too enthusiastic. But it will be a slow process to build up the church here. Most everyone is strong catholics or methodists. Everyone loves thier pastors and reverands. The town has probably got the same families living here since Columbus. Everyone knows everyone else's relatives. But we don't get too many doors slamed in our faces. Everyone is pretty friendly. My love for the Lord has strengthened from having to depend on Him. I hope to develop a close relationship with Him. I'm afraid I've been terribly homesick this last couple of days. How is the Bishops wife? Did you sell the truck? What do you hear from Chuck? I miss the strength of the ward. It's so important to help the missionaries fellowship non-members. That's how we get people into the church. Lisa I sure miss you. Why don't you write me? There was a spider in the tub the other night. I killed it! Shall I send it home to you? Hey Kent, are you pretty excited to go to Grandpas? I know Grandpa is excited for you to go. Are you still being a good Mormon example for your friends? It's important for you to be- you know. How did your talk go at church dad? And what job did they give you? What are you doing Jamie? Any church jobs yet? Any young men home from BYU? And what about you Shauna? Are you two girls behaving?
Mom, are you out of your mind with worry? Don't be. You'll do a great job. I love you all. But I won't if you don't write to me. That's not even nice.
Love, Sister Knudsen

No comments: