Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Old town Maine

Dear Family,
We had stake conference yesterday, the saints were really chastized. Boy were they ever. They were chasized for reverance in the chapels, (the mothers were told exactly how to discipline their children.) The reverence in the chapels is outrageous if I haven't mentioned it before. I've had a couple of investigators really upset about it. The were chasized about their home teaching, visiting teaching, missionary work, sacrament attendance and on and on. That stake President was really speaking by the power of the Holy Ghost. He can't seem to love them into doing their part so I guess he decided to shame them. We drove for 5 hrs. along the coast of Maine home. It was beautiful. We had an open house where all members were supposed to bring a family, one member did. But Sister Hendricks and I had a family there! They are the Rosso's and they are fantastic!!! ( They were later baptized! The whole family!) She has 18 month old twin boys, and two other children. We were tracting and my companion said, I feel strongly that we should knock that house. So we did, and they were so wonderful!!! ( He was later made Bishop of that ward) Those twins are terrors and should fit right in the ward. I can't believe them. We had quite an eventful open house. But it was really fun. The kids had a ball and that's great. The parents really enjoyed it too. I gave a short story to all the little kids while the twins ran around in chaos. They'll fit right in!

No comments: