Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas on Tondolea

Do you kids remember the Christmas on Tondolea when we invited a homeless woman to stay for two weeks during Christmas? She was down on her luck from a divorce and just didn't have the money to pay her rent and so ended up on the street. What I remember most was how tired she was and how she would sleep forever. It must have been good to know you could sleep without worrying about being molested. But what means more to me now is how we came home from church one sunday and she had made a batch of cookies. She said," I hope you don't mind, but it's been so long since I've had a kitchen and all the tools and ingredients to make a batch of cookies." Her whole foundation of what she was and all she knew had been lost beneath her. When I want to complain that all my kitchen stuff is in storage and all my familiar things are not around me, I think of her and that she ended up with nothing at all. She was someone just like you or me. We have alot to be grateful for don't we.
Love and merry christmas to my little one so far away,
Mom

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I do remember her. Her name is on the tip of my tongue, it will come to me. You were amazing taking her in.

annieq84 said...

Hmmm I don't remember that at all. I must have been too busy with adventuring at that time. So neat of you to make such a difference in someone's life!

Unknown said...

LINDA!!