Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mission letter home Old Town, Maine

Dear Family,
I feel proud this morning, I khave 2 of my discussions memorized. It's so hard and I feel like I'll never be finished but I have 2 down and 6 to go. It's a start right? It's hard to keep your enthusiasm and optomistic attitude when there is no one you are teaching and no real prospects for baptism. You go out all day and every one in these wmall towns are competely happy with their lives. The families are usually close by so they don't feel a need for Family home evenign, but then you begin to read the scriptures and you see what truth you have, and you want to tell them about it. The only tool you have in this town is the Spirit of the Lord. To bear a testimony with the power of that Spirit will get you in to teach. I've been doing that in a small way, but it will increase.
The weather here is so much like oregon, but not so much rain. The humidity is great. You feel you can cut it with a knife. But my skin is real soft. My face is amazingly free of blemishes. I come in at noon and need to shower and redress because I am so wet from the humidity.
So what's this about Steve and Cheryl moving to Oregon? Where are they going to live? I hope you all try to get along well and remember that families have to be strong. I'm so glad they are moving up there. Thgey will love our ward. How do you like your new ward? You didn't tell me what jobs you all have. And another thing, if I can find the time to write once a week, I think you all should too! It's awful lonely out here all alone! Lisa and Kent, go to your rooms right now and write me a letter, or mother will punish you. Right mom? If you talk to Nancy before I write to her, tell her to send me a picture of my little Jessa. She said she would. I need one.
Well all of you take good care. And have consideration one for another. The family is the only strength you can depend on at times.
Love, Sister Suzie Knudsen

No comments: