Monday, August 30, 2010

My day with Oliver




I went and picked up Oliver from Becky's yesterday after spending the day with them. I wanted to give her a break after 9 days with kids non-stop. I also wanted a distraction from waiting for the offer we are supposed to get today. Here is my day with Oliver.
Oliver fell asleep on the drive home to L.C. but came into my room at 12:20 a.m. so I slipped into bed with him to spend the night. He woke me up at 6:00 a.m. We watched Curious george, ate toast and had cocoa until grandpa woke up and offered to take Ollie for donuts. He took him over to the lot too where oliver tried to tell him he had to go poop. Too late, so he had an accident. I had no other clothes for him so I went to tjmaxx for shorts and a t-shirt,oh, and underwear. We watched a show on curious george learning how to ride a bike, then he helped me with some stuff I had to do for O.A. in Pasadena. Then we spent 2 hours at the kidspace museum where we found this amazing water play area I had never seen before behind the bikes. We had lunch there where Oliver ate an entire hot dog, fries and a lemonade. Then we had to play at the playground at the rosebowl for another hour. We had a Mc D's cone and now we are home relaxing. It's been a great day. I wish I had more grandkids closeby so I could do the same with them!!! Oliver had dried completely by the time we came home at 3:45. No offer yet.

2 comments:

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

What a wonderful Grandma! Ollie is one lucky boy and I am one lucky mama! It was so nice to just go to work this morning knowing I had the whole afternoon to just clean, do laundry, a little shopping, totally uninterupted. That is priceless I tell you. Thanks mom. Sorry about the poop, that hasn't happened for months. But when you gotta go you gotta go:) Cute clothes mom.

Unknown said...

How fun! We will have to go for sure!