Monday, July 5, 2010

DON'T BE IN A HURRY

I loved the article in the June Ensign called, "Don't be in a Hurry". Soooo much wisdom in this article. Any of you kids that don't take the Ensign and want a subscription to it please let me know and I will pay for it. It gives me such a spiritual boost!
MAKING TIME FOR CHRIST
Before we can successfully undertake a personal search for Jesus, we must first prepare time for him in our lives and room for him in our hearts. In these busy days there are many who have time for golf, time for shopping, time for work, time for play--but no time for Christ.
"Lovely homes dot the land and provide rooms for eating, rooms for sleeping, playrooms, sewing rooms, television rooms, but no rooms for Christ.
"Do we get a pang of conscience as we recall his own words: 'The foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.' Or do we flush with embarrassment when we remember,'And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for him in the inn.' No room. No room. No room. Ever has it been.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

What a powerful article. I just read the whole thing. I am so grateful that the Ensign issues are published online. Ever since Brian started his new job, our time has seemed so limited, and we have been struggling with finding the time to pray together as a family in the morning, and doing our scripture study together at night, with all the other little things that need to get done. This article really helped me shift things back into perspective and want to focus on what is really important- turning off the tv, computer, phones, and other busy things to be able to focus on hearing the still small voice. Thank you for sharing!

-Amanda

annieq84 said...

Talk about time being limited! I hear that list of shopping and playing and doing what you want and I think- mmmm that would be nice. Cody and I are just trying to get through the next two weeks. Thanks for the reminder, mom. I wish I were back on the mission with all the time in the world for Christ!

andrea said...

Wow, that is a great point. Thanks for sharing!