Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lauras letter 2/24/10

Funny thing this week. The weather has started to get warmer, but I have still been wearing my winter coat becasue I still think its cold. However, our local crazy lady has made it her goal and mission to make sure I do not wear my coat anymore. She is so hillarious. I usually only see her once every week or so, but this week we ran into her 3 times. its so funny becasue out of the three of us (Me, the native Korean, and my trainer) I of course speak the worst Korean, and yet every time I see her, she comes up to me and ignores everyone else. This week she has taken to hitting me very hard and telling me to stop wearing my coat. "It's spring!" she tells me in her little rambuncious way. I always just say its cold and Ive got to go and do mission work and then she nods and tells me I can go. FInally I decided I would forgo the coat and ever since she has stopped hitting me. So progress is being made in the area I suppose... :)So, yesterday was zone conference. I love Zone conference with all my soul! It is like my battery charge up every month. This transfer we have 15 missionaries going home...so many considering how many are in the mission. My trainner sister moynihan is in that group. Yesterday at conference I got to sit and listen to the testimonies of all the departing missionaries. It was so amazing. It reminded me of how much growing and work I have left to do. One thing every single one of them said was that the mission was the hardest thing they had ever done, but also so worth it. Ive pretty much heard that from everone who has ever served a mission. Now I am begging to actually understand. The ups are so high and the downs are so low. I love it though. I am so thankfull that I still have a year left here. few. It seems like I have no time at all.Ive been reading in alma this week and I was on chapter 6 (Or somewhere around there) and was reading about how Christ is our sheppard. I love that so much, thinking about how he really does go after the one lost sheep and he uses me and you to do that...then later in that chapter it talks about how Satan also is a sheppard, the bad sheppard. He never stops calling us either. he will also go after the one lost one, and he wants all of Gods children to become a part of his fold. The cool thing is, both of them are offering us everything they have. Christ-eternal life, happiness, and so many blessings. Satan-Worldly Satisfaction, self gratification. Everyday we choose whose voice we will hearken to. Whose flock we will be a part of. I love being a servant of the Lord. I love helping people undertand and differentiate between the voices of the two sheppards and I love more than anything else seeing the joy that comes from following the voice of Christ. The battle is so real and both sheppards are calling. Make sure everyday you are a servant to the right sheppard. Sorry that was kind of dramatic, but hey I a missionary and I am allowed to get intense like that.I love you all so much! Thanks for everything you all do to support me!LoveKelley 자 매

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't get this letter in an email, or maybe if I did I deleted it. Thanks for posting it though. I was thinking today that Laura Linny has been out for about 6 months, so crazy! On a separate note Dad told me that he took some new pictures of the house. I would love if you posted them!

Helena said...

Oh, yay, I found you! I've been following Sister O'Bryan's blog and I've seen pictures of Sister Kelley there (and on the mission blog). How fun! I served in Daejeon in 92-93 (back when it was spelled "Taejon"--the country went to a different Romanization system). I've been having some fun lately reconnecting with old friends and companions, and even got to go the Seattle Korean branch with a neighbor (potential investigator!) this last Sunday. I miss Korea so much.

andrea said...

Wow. I love that. Laura is such an amazing and beautiful girl. I miss her, and am so proud of her.