Thursday, February 11, 2010

laura's letter 2/10/10

So, this may not be that Big of news to those of you who have not served in Korea, but to us it is huge!They are combing the Seoul and Seoul West Missions into one! (Now you may say that, that has been in prediction for several months now...but heres the kicker...) The Daejeon mission is getting one of the Seoul mission areas! We get the 수 원 (Soo-Won) steak! So our borders are expanding, not that they werent already big enough :). Also we get 12 of the Seoul missionaries. This is all happening at the end of this transfer so it will be way fun to see all the changes. I have been thinking that I will proabably be transfered out this transfer, so maybe I will end up north...who knows. Otherwise it was a great week. We had President Huffaker (One of the members of the Presidency of the 1st Quorum of the 70) come to tour the mission this week. It was a great conference! Elder Choi also came with him (Another member of the 70). He spoke alot about the purpose of meetings in the church. That everytime we meet we need to be edifing eachother. I deffinately think that applies to meeting with out investigators too. I've really been trying lately to have the courage to say what I need to to our investigators even when I think I will end up messing the Korean up. The spirit was so strong in that room that I dont think anyone could have doubted that those two men were special servants of the Lord.We got a new investigator this week who is just the sweetest. I absolutly love her. Her name is 김 민 영 (kim-min-young). She lives with her mentally handicapped sister and is the sweetest girl ever. She shows so much potential for accepting the gospel.Well sorry I didn't have any fun or crazy stories this week to tell, but I have no time right now, we are on our way to bowl with our district! (At this sketch dollar bowling alley...haha..I love korea). Anyways I love you all and I promise I will make my e-mail more exciting next week!-Kelley 자 매

2 comments:

andrea said...

Thanks for posting these, I always love to hear how Laura is!!

Helena said...

That is big news! Suwon is a very cool area with lots of historical stuff. There's a folk village not far from there--I wonder if it'll be included in the new boundaries.