Monday, May 14, 2012

A treatise on anxiety:
This is the 15th move since I married the wanderer, the believer in all dreams. I have mastered the art of moving, often with husband and 7 kids in tow. I KNOW how to do this. But last week I woke up with a panic attack. Constricted chest that felt like an anvil had been placed on it. Painful breathing. Sweating and light headedness and feeling like I would faint. Hmmm...... my brain was telling my body that I just didn't have the wherewithall to do this again. When I realized what was happening I turned to the Lord in earnest prayer. Brian gave me a blessing. I thought of the many times the Lord has given me strength for the journey. I needed to know that I could recieve from Him physical strength for my 57 year old, badly treated body, and that I could recieve from Him emotional strength to do whatever I had to do in life. He answered my prayers and I have been just fine ever since those two days of struggle. Thanks to all those who offered a silent prayer in my behalf. And great thanks to my Jesus who upholds me in all good things and anwers my prayers of faith.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank heaven for priesthood blessings.

You are going to ROCK this move and you'll be in before you know it. I wish I could ditch the kids and get down there to help you.