Monday, August 10, 2009

old house histories

When I was getting ready to go on my mission, my parents were renting an old house on 2nd st. I worked at Fred Meyers and had my check deposited in the credit union each week. I had saved 1200.00 dollars toward my mission. My parents wanted to get into a house and this house in the picture was built by the students at the local high school under the direction of their teacher. They didn't have the money for an earnest money and asked if they could use the money I saved for my mission for the earnest money and then they would send me my monthly check each month. That is how they bought thier house on Lake Front Rd. back in 1976. Pretty cool huh!
When dad and I first got married dad wanted to build a house and since my brother Steve was a builder, he built it for us. Steve and Cheryl built the yellow one right next door to us, (below) and we lived in the grey one around 2 years. Leah came home to this house when she was born.

Steve and Cheryls house.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool. I remember grandma and grandpa's house, but never heard the story about how they got into it.

Unknown said...

P.S. I just saw the rest of the posts and love the pictures!