Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Carson and Me

On Tuesday the 18th at 9:15 p.m. Leah called and said she thought her water broke. I thought there was no way on earth that I would see our little Carson's birth. But dad got online and found a flight out of LAX at 10:35. Again, when we got to LAX we met several obstacles to buying the ticket. I was sure it just wouldn't work out. Dad simply wouldn't take NO for an answer and he bullied me onto the plane. I had to leave my suitcase behind, but I was on my way! At the airport in Sacramento after midnight it was near impossible to rent a car, but after meeting several obstacles, I got one. I talked to Steve when I was leaving the airport and he said Leah was dilated to an 8. I was certain I wouldn't make it for the birth and said, "Call me on the road when he is born." It was a 45 minute drive to the hospital and when I got there it was difficult to find parking because of construction work being done. When I called Steve for help he said the baby wasn't here yet. I can't believe I made it to the greatest miracle of all, the birth of a child! Leah worked hard to push little Carson out. She and Becky had almost identical labor experiences. They both did a great job. Steve was at Leah's side strong and supportive at the hospital and throughout her post partum. One of the unanticipated joys of son-in-laws has been to observe them in their new roles of father and husband. I am most assured within myself that the Lord has sent my daughters the very best!

Leah caught on to nursing like a pro. Steve was the sweetest new daddy you could imagine. We are blessed beyond measure as a family.

Thank you for the priveledge of allowing me to be a small part of this miracle.

Love, Mom

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are Welcome! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being here!!!