Sunday, September 21, 2008

What a week on Wall Street

Life is sure interesting isn't it? Never boring.
On Monday, after six years of trying to get this house started, Brian pulled his permits to start grading. He has worked so hard and long to see this day. Of course on Tues. and throughout the week Wall Street and our economy started to fall apart at the seams. It seems dad and I were just not meant to be financially comfortable.
Once again I am challenged to pull away from the material trappings of this world and put my trust in my God and His eternal plan for me.
All any girl ever wants is a nice comfortable home furnished and decorated to reflect her personality and to bless her family. It's that innate nesting instinct to create a place of refuge from the world for her family. But don't I really have everything I really ever wanted? The Lord has given me a wonderful, loving husband who has always loved me and accepted me for who I am. My seven beautiful children have brought me so much love and happiness that "my cup truly runneth over."
But most importantly I have been given the gift of His love and a powerful testimony of His plan of Salvation. It is that gift that I treasure above the things of this world. I treasure my time in His scriptures daily. They feed me all the hope, strength, and love that I need. I pray that I can get to the point where absolutely nothing can rob me of my trust in Him and His love for me.

No comments: